Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Summer? Spring? Nope Still Winter?!

Work might be stressful, but everything outside is getting crazy awesome!  I was planning to ride my bike to work for the first time since September or October but being me I could not find my bike pump for the life of me.  I tore that room apart, ripped every box open, and now all I am left with is a disaster zone.  Tonight the plan is to watch a clip of Hoarders and go wacko on the apartment.

So an update on my 30 day challenge, I have currently ran about 17 miles in the first half of the month and only skipped this past Sunday as it was my mother's birthday and I literally had no time.  So far I am loving this challenge, sometimes it is sucks especially when I am running inside on a treadmill.  Now when I get to run free outside everything changes, granted when it was snowing and below freezing it was not a pleasant run, but God did it feel amazing.  Now that it has been warmer this week and just happens to be getting nicer I am loving it even more.  That and as of tomorrow Summer dress code is in full swing at work, shorts for me!

As for the other half of the challenge, I am still enjoying making calls to friends that I have not spoke with in quite some time.  I have slacked the past couple days but I hope to make those calls up in the days to come.  In fact I am pumped to really catch up with many people on this list.  One person it took a couple days to get through to so hopefully the rest of the list goes through much smoother.  Also trying to root myself in my new place and become more comfortable with my life as it is.  Going to try having more friends over for dinner or to play Just Dance or Mario Party 9, also doing a volunteer trip in the next week or so planting trees on a Saturday.  I have been in this area for over a year and need to get used to live here, so far so good.  With the changing of the season things look to just be getting brighter!

No comments: