Monday, March 5, 2012

Running, Running

Things are starting to look good.  Work is still very stressful and I slept through my workout/weight training this morning, but in general things are good.  I now have a roommate and have run at least a mile for the first four days, three of them outside.  It has been cold but still exciting to get outside again.  There is just something about the air through the hair and trees swaying in the wind with the sun shining down that just makes one happy.  Now add twenty degrees and it would be perfect.  With temperatures soon to go up in the next month and with daylight savings less than a week away I am aching even more to be outdoors, especially to get on my bike again.

Even though it has only been a few weeks since I have really tried getting active again i can already feel it working, in fact in a week or so alone I have lost about three pounds.  I just seem to have more energy and happier lately.  As the season begins to change I am excited to see what Spring brings.  This kind of humors me because just about two posts ago I was all excited for Winter.  I guess this just goes to show you how odd this year has been so far.

As for the other part of of my monthly challenge is to try and get in contact with people since I have not been diligent with it lately.  So as stated before I am calling a different person out of my phone every day.  So far I have four people down.  It is good to hear how their lives are going, be it them living in Florida, New York, Mid Michigan, or even just down 94.  It is good to know that even though you have not spoke to some people in quite some time things never change when it really counts.  Real friends are always there for you and it is nice to see how lives are progressing; be it a new job, grad school, living far from home, attacking debt, braving fierce storms, or just life in general.  I am really excited for this challenge because it is great to hear from people again and I have quite the list to get through and to surprise people as it has been a while since talking to many of them.  Hopefully this leads to keeping in better contact from now on.  I'm mostly just making my way down my phone's contact list that way it is easier to keep track of (that and so no one can be offended that I called one person before another).

Until next time, next a strong mind and a healthy lifestyle.

No comments: