Sunday, March 24, 2013

Two Months Later

So I started on this health kick two months ago, January 24th, when technology told me I was overweight at 205.  Well I told it who was boss, twenty six pounds later I am at 179 and a mere two away from my goal of a BMI of 22.  Basically, I am kicking ass with 22 days still to go.  At this point I do not really care about losing weight (easy to say when I am so close), but more importantly, I care about making good choices going forward and sticking with my other goals.

Speaking of other goals, I have three weeks til my first 10k race and making some great headway.  Like I stated in a previous post, my 5k went quite well and I did not feel like walking at all.  Currently I can stay above running 30 minutes and actually look forward to my daily workouts.  I have reached 4+ miles at a time and some days I get six miles in with a break to hangout with friends, because why drive somewhere when you can run.  Next up is to throw biking into the mix.  Sadly the weather is not behaving.  With the turn of March into April, I am hoping the temperatures begin to rise as well as some rain to wash away the damaging salt.  Things are going to change and it is exciting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you haven't yet-- try running in your vibrams! It is the best. I got a pair about a month ago and love love love running in them; it also works distinctly different muscles than a regular-shoe run, so it is great for variety.

Glad you're doing so great-- I knew ya would :-)