Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring, Not Quite Here But Close

Currently sitting outside in shorts and a tee sipping on some almond milk, it feels like Spring and I couldn't be more excited. This might be the best day off of work ever. For the first time in 2011 I went biking outside, didn't do have bad I think either. Went from Milan to Packard in Ann Arbor and back a good 23 miles.

The freedom that two tires on the road is quite possibly the greatest feeling I can think of. It also gave me the chance to stop and check out a few parks. One just south of Ellsworth, Lillie Park, had some trails and a nice look down to a small lake. I couldn't explore the park too much as the bulk of the back trails were still covered with a bit of snow, but for sure will be coming back to check it out. The other park just south of Willis in York Township, Sandra Richardson Park, was much more naturalistic. It is one of those parks that I will need to park the bike and explore the trails into the woods and see what it has to offer. I would have today but the toe shoes and muddy wetness don't go well together.

Next time I go on an extended trip I will go much further into Ann Arbor as they have what i hear to be some nice trails along the Huron River, especially Nichols Arboretum. The main reason i didn't go further today is that I failed at rule number one, I forgot the water. The only downside of the trip that I didn't notice until I was back home for a bit was that I had a flat tire, so somehow I need to figure out how bad it is and how I can fix it because the next time I get a chance and it is nice out the road will be calling me once more!

1 comment:

Home Gyms said...

Great post.Thanks for sharing such a useful information with us.