Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Four Days

I am only four days away from my first 5k race since July 4th, and I am not sure I have run 3 miles since. Currently I am running about a mile and a half to two miles, but I the adrenaline of the race and the pressure of the crowd will push me forward.  It is a bit nerve wracking because I am basically running alone and mentally I do not know the area like I did for the races in Dorr and Mount Pleasant.  The thrill of the end of the race will be all more exciting to finish and run faster.  It will be an intense feeling to finish on the 50 yard line of The Big House.  You better believe that my Zune will be blaring the Olympic  theme song.

Sunday is going to be a crazy day as a whole because for some odd reason I have decided to bike into Ann Arbor that morning, so there is nine miles.  Then about 9:10am running the 5k, later in the day about noon biking about 20 miles on the trails around Ann Arbor with a group, then at some point will have to bike the nine miles back to Ypsilanti.  So in total will bike and run at least 40 some miles, quite the achievement for a day off.  Oh and did I mention it is suppose to rain, oh joy.  Personally I am excited for it.  Wish me luck!

No comments: